Saturday, September 12, 2009

Learn About...

I want to learn about how to design biomedical devices and possibly medications. In order for me to get to that point I have to learn other fundamentals to be able to truly understand what I will learn about in later bioengineering courses.

Learning about biomechanics would be pretty interesting as would tissue engineering. I think I want to learn about those fields in order to see how I can apply knowledge to the construction of a device or artificial tissue. Biomechanics could enable me to create devices that could not only help heal, but help prevent injuries altogether.

There's always more to learn about and maybe I would be interested in pharmacy too. Medications treat disease and infection every day. I mean I have only had the fundamental sciences (biology, chemistry, and physics) in high school, and this is my first real class in bioengineering as I am sure it is for most other people in the class. I am open to what I will learn about. I will find my interests after being exposed to a wide variety of fields within bioengineering.

http://www.datlof.com/8Axamal/docs/Marketing/jhu/JE/tissueengineering.jpg

http://www.datlof.com/8Axamal/docs/Marketing/jhu/JE/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment