Tuesday, October 20, 2009

reading done let the note taking begin

I read all 8 of the scientific journal articles and found out that one of them really was not that relevant to my topic (so I won't use it). The article from The New York Times Magazine literally made me cry. I guess I felt I have a similar story to several of the young women in the article. I think I may want to forget my questions on whether the treatment will ever be accepted in the US as the standard of treatment and does benefit outweigh cost. I want to incorporate why women are at higher risk for ACL tears instead of those questions. Also I have realized that a few of the articles are on different techniques of creating the artificial ligament, but share common themes of the need for biodegradable material and strength testing. I think I will zone in on when specific technique while using the other articles for background information and such. I will now proceed to blog my notes on the articles (except the one that isn't relevant to my topic).

No comments:

Post a Comment