Thursday, October 15, 2009

More Specific Questions

I determined that I am researching tissue-engineered scaffold for ACL replacement. My core questions are below.
  1. How is it made? What are the components?
  2. Will it be as strong as a transplant ACL?
  3. How does it work and hoe can it be improved?
These questions can be grouped together as being answered by more empirical facts and data. These questions will compromise the bulk of my paper.

In addition to the questions above, I have a few questions that I will bring up in my introduction or conclusion that can be deemed more abstract questions to contrast with the concrete questions above.
  1. Will it ever be accepted in the US as a standard method of treatment?
  2. Is the cost of full development greater than the possible benefit?
  3. Why is it important to develop artificial tissue?
My points can be summarized into "CORE" ponits and "ABSTRACT" info.

CORE
  • components
  • strength
  • how does it work
  • how can it be improved
ABSTRACT
  • ever accepted in US as standard treatment
  • why develop it
  • does benefit outweigh cost
Also there are 3 major commercial ACL grafts mentioned in the article I linked from my last post. I plan to compare the research going on at Drexel, University of Virginia, and Columbia to the currently developed commercial devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment