Sunday, November 1, 2009

done... well almost

I just finished my first draft of the paper. It has all the sections described in the assignment. The only thing is I cannot paste a table from a PDF file into word wothout the formatting getting all messed up. I just did not put the tables in the paper, but I will try to get them in by Thursday. The tables are tables of numbers relating to braiding angle, pore size, porosity, tensile strength, maximum load, and other things. I guess having those tables are not completely necessary for the paper. But I did put in some nice diagrams from a New York Times slideshow that clearly display the knee, a torn ACL, a patellar tendon autograft, and some other things. I think it is easier to understand something when you can look at it after reading about it, rather than just reading about it. Just focusing on the one design was enough, I did not have to compare the design with PLAGA to designs with collagen and other biomaterials. Tissue-engineering is a developing field and I think that in the future some kind of ACL tissue scaffold will be used for ACL reconstruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment