Thursday, November 5, 2009

actually complete

The paper is in. After researching, analyzing, diagraming, writing, and editing the research paper is done. I learned a lot about a very specific area of tissue engineering, ACL scaffolds. It is an interesting area and I see real potential for that field to expand in the coming years, as is the case with most fields related to bioengineering. I just want to have a way to estimate the success rates of this research. Will it ever be applied to a commercial implantable device, or will it just flitter away? Accepting new techonologies takes time.

As a result of the project, I learned how to read articles from scientific journals as a result of this project. A few months ago I had never read a scientifc journal articles, The Science Times in The New York Times, is not quite the same thing. It was interesting to take information from these scientific journals and translate it into something anyone could understand. The next step is the design project. I currently have zero good ideas, but we'll see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment